On July 1, 2006 Governor Sonny Perdue signed into law H.B. 941 authorizing local governments to erect historical displays that include a copy of the Ten Commandments. The "Foundations of American Law & Government Display" paves the way for communities to further educate their citizens regarding historical facts about our country's founding.
The following documents may now be legally posted in local government buildings:
1. The Ten Commandments
2. The Mayflower Compact, 1620
3. The Declaration of Independence
4. Magna Carta
5. "The Star-Spangled Banner" by Francis Scott Key
6. The National Motto: "In God We Trust"
7. The Preamble to the Georgia Constitution
8. The Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution
9. The description on the image of Lady Justice
These historical documents are being made available through the ministry of Ten Commandments GA, Inc. This is a great opportunity for private citizens, churches, civic clubs and organizations to purchase these documents and to present them for approval to their local governing boards, commissions and councils.
TC-GA has beautifully designed to legal specifications the nine piece historical display. You may view these unique designs by logging onto to www.thoushalt.org.
They may be purchased by contacting TC-GA on the web, calling 706-856-2524, or by mail at TC-GA, P.O. Box 941, Hartwell, GA 30643.